Greek yogurt brownies are a healthier twist on traditional brownies by incorporating Greek yogurt, which adds moisture and a tangy flavor while reducing the need for excessive amounts of butter or oil. Here’s a basic recipe for Greek yogurt brownies:
- 1/2 cup chocolate chopped
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar of choice white, brown, sugar free, etc.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour gluten free, if needed
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk of choice I used unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips of choice optional
- Set the oven’s temperature to 180C/350F. Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper.
- Add the chocolate chunks to a dish that can go in the microwave. Melt your chocolate. Before adding yogurt and sugar, let settle for a minute or two. After smoothing up the mixture, move it to a large mixing basin.
- Mix just until mixed before adding the flour, baking soda, and cocoa powder. After thoroughly mixing everything else, add the milk. If using, include chocolate chips.
- Bake the brownies for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center of one comes out nearly clean. Transfer to the prepared pan. After taking it out of the oven, carefully place it to a wire rack to finish cooling in the pan for the remaining 10 minutes.
These brownies offer a slightly different texture and flavor compared to traditional brownies due to the Greek yogurt. They’re a great option for those looking to enjoy a slightly lighter and more protein-rich dessert.
Discover More: Tuscan White Bean Soup