Tuscan White Bean Soup is a classic Italian dish known for its simplicity and comforting flavors. It’s a hearty and nutritious soup that features creamy white beans as the main ingredient, along with various vegetables and seasonings. Here’s a basic recipe to get you started Tuscan White Bean Soup recipe:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 shallots chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 17 oz cannellini beans canned, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces kale or baby spinach
- Over medium-high heat, warm up the olive oil in a big saucepan.
- After sautéing the onion and garlic for three minutes, add the carrots and celery stalks and continue cooking until the veggies begin to soften.
- After swiftly stirring in the tomato paste, add the beans, soup, and seasonings. Reduce the heat after bringing the soup to a boil. For a another 10 to 15 minutes, simmer covered.
- Blitz half of the soup in the pot with a hand mixer to make it creamier, being careful not to blend the entire batch.
- Cook the spinach or kale for a few more minutes, or until it wilts, after adding it.
This recipe is quite flexible, so feel free to adjust the ingredients and seasonings to suit your taste preferences. Enjoy the warmth and flavors of this delicious Tuscan-inspired soup!
Discover More: Jalapeno Pineapple Hushpuppies